We all look to those around us when we are faced with a complex or ambiguous decision. We look to those we know because we trust them. Social Sellers understand this, they recognise the importance of influence and the inclination to conform to the same choices as our peers – “If it’s good enough for them, it’s good enough for me”.
This one simple, fundamental fact of human nature means that the most efficient way to expand your network is through your existing connections.
Word of mouth is a powerful thing
You probably already know who you want to connect with, but you may not be in a position to connect directly with them, or you might fear the potential failure of an all or nothing, one shot only direct approach.
However, the chances are that there is someone already out there in your network that is connected to them. They could be a business partner, competitor, supplier, implementation partner or simply just a friend.
Take a look at your target list and search for your shared connections, existing vendors, partners and others in their network and align your network with theirs. This is what we refer to as 360 networking.
Tips to get you started:
- Ask for introductions and recommendations from your shared connections – warm introductions are by far the most effective
- Work with professional introducers, analysts or system integrators
- Use online and editorial sources to look for information on your target’s needs, then identify suppliers that you could work with or existing partners you could collaborate with and connect with them
- Contribute to forums your targets are involved with
- Watch your competitors and see who they are connecting with.
360 Networking is easier with Artesian. Contact us today to find out we can help you leverage your connections, nurture your network and build a strong social presence that delivers results.