The concept of ‘social selling’ may have only entered the common business lexicon in the last few years, but there’s nothing new about taking the time to get to know your customers – what makes their lives easier, where they’re facing challenges, who they support in the rugby – the only difference is that now this process is made more effective by using digital technologies and social media to enhance existing sales processes.
In our experience the top social sellers tend to be people with a strong sales background who are adept at taking on new technology to their benefit. Which makes them the people to watch, to follow and to learn from.
So, without further ado, read on for our top 50 social sellers to follow on Twitter or follow them all on Twitter with our handy list here:
- Gerhard Gschwandtner, Founder and CEO at Selling Power Magazine
An established sales guru, Gerhard now helps businesses through his magazine, Selling Power, sales conferences and by authoring a number of books. Check out his daily 5 minute video interviews for some key insights.
- Jill Konrath, Keynote speaker, HubSpot advisor, author of three bestselling books and a sales blog with over 125K followers
A true thought-leader, Jill has many years of experience delivering keynote addresses on sales tactics to firms of all sizes. She has also written three bestselling books and has won numerous awards.
- Ian Brodie, Marketing Speaker & Author of #1 Amazon Bestseller Email Persuasion
Ian’s book has been a number one bestseller on Amazon for over a year, being packed full of great advice on sales tactics. His website hosts a range of free resources that will help any sales person improve their processes.
- Leanne Hoagland-Smith, Author, Speaker and Coach
Leanne is best known for the sales coaching she has provided numerous organisations, solving people and process problems. However you don’t need to live in the US to benefit from her advice – she is a prolific blogger and publishes many tips and tricks.
- Kim Garst, Social Selling Strategist, Best Selling Author, Speaker, Forbes Top 10 SM Influencer
Kim has a reputation for being a leading authority on digital marketing and has a keen interest in social selling. In January Kim launched her new book: Will the Real You Please Stand Up: Show Up, Be Authentic, and Prosper in Social Media, immediately becoming an international best seller in multiple categories.
- Tibor Shanto, Award-winning Author, Speaker, B2B sales execution specialist
A 25-year veteran of B2B sales, Tibor has an insider’s perspective on social selling. He is a firm believer that with the right combination of strategy, tools, metrics and tactical execution of the sales process, any business can achieve double-digit growth. Look out for his excellent book: Shift!: Harness The Trigger Events That Turn Prospects Into Customers.
- Brian Carroll, CEO at InTouch and Author
The one person on our list that literally wrote the book on lead generation, Brian is truly a thought-leader in sales. His book Lead Generation for the Complex Sale became an instant best-seller in the US – you can download his free ebook: Start With A Lead: Eight critical success factors for lead generation
- Lori Richardson, Top Social Sales Influencer, Speaker, Author, Coach
For the first 15 years of her career, Lori built up extensive first-hand knowledge and experience as a finance and technology sales person. She then moved to create her own team, helping mid-market technology and distribution companies grow front-line revenues.
- Michael de Groot, CEO at Staying Alive UK
Michael is a pioneer in the field of social selling with a particular focus on using LinkedIn for sales. He spends most of his time showing business professionals how to compress ‘Social Selling Success’ with LinkedIn as well as helping young people enhance their prospects by using the social media platform.
- Barbara Giamanco, Speaker, Advisor, Author
With over 25 years’ worth of experience in sales under her belt, Barbara now helps sellers access target prospects and improve their win rate using social selling techniques and technology.
- Timothy Hughes, Social Selling Pioneer and Innovator, Tech Blogger
Tim has worked his way up the rankings of top social sellers – being ranked second in a Global List of 100 Social Sellers by Onalytica. Take a look through his tweets for a treasure trove of social selling resources.
- Jeb Blount, Founder of Sales Gravy and Author of People Buy You, People Follow You, People Love You and Power Principles
Jeb approaches sales by focusing on human behaviour – an essential ingredient in social selling. Through his companies he advises business leaders across the world on the value of emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills in sales and leadership.
- Brian Burns, Host of “The Brutal Truth About Sales & Selling” PodCast
Self-confessed ‘maverick seller’, Brian is a respected author in the field of B2B sales and has been a sales advisor to numerous businesses. He has recorded nearly 200 free podcasts advocating what he calls “The Maverick Selling Method”. Take a listen for free.
- Kendra Lee, Author, Sales Expert, Prospect Attraction Specialist, Top Seller, Speaker & President at KLA Group
Named by Jeb Blount’s blog as one of the top 10 women in sales, Kendra is a prolific twitter user, sharing top tips and tricks to help close sales. She is also the author of the award-winning books “The Sales Magnet” and “Selling Against the Goal.”
- Mark Hunter, The Sales Hunter, Sales Speaker, Sales Trainer, Consultant, Author
Mark is known for his energetic and engaging style and ability to motivate sales people to generate increased sales. Known as ‘The Sales Hunter’, Mark spends most of his time speaking to groups and working with companies to help them sell more effectively.
- Melonie Dodaro, Social Selling Speaker & Evangelist, Author of #1 Bestseller The LinkedIn Code, CEO at Top Dog Social Media
An authority on social media marketing, Melonie established Top Dog Social Media in 2010, quickly becoming dubbed ‘Canada’s number 1 LinkedIn expert and social media strategist’. Her book The LinkedIn Code was released in June 2014 and soon became an international bestseller.
- Lauralee Guthrie, Social Media and Marketing Professional at Social Klix
Lauralee is a passionate advocate of social selling, gaining over 10 years’ worth of experience as a social media strategist. She has worked with huge global clients, such as Starbucks and VMware and has trained international audiences in 9 different countries around the world.
- Elinor Stutz, Speaker, International Best-Selling Author, and Sales Consultant at Smooth Sale
A true business visionary, Elinor was inspired and motivated by an accident that saw her nearly paralysed. She is regularly recognised as one of the top sales influencers on social media and she has written three internationally bestselling books.
- Geoffrey James, Contributing Editor at Inc.com, Professional speaker, Award-winning sales blogger, and Author
Geoffrey is a prolific writer, contributing to a column on Inc.com and managing his own business blog with over a million page views a month. He has also authored 4 books on B2B sales, including his recent release: Business Without the Bullsh*t: 49 Secrets and Shortcuts You Need To Know.
- Eric Lofholm, Motivational Speaker and Master Sales Trainer
Proud father of two, Eric works with individuals and SMEs to make sales more efficient by using social media. His social selling approach helps businesses reach the right people at the right time with the right message.
- Ron Karr, Author, Keynote speaker, Consultant and Coach on leadership and growing sales
Ron is a top sales expert, inspiring and coaching others to become sales leaders. He has consulted for a number of global brands, including Marriott, UPS, Hertz and Morgan Stanley. He is also author of the excellent book Lead, Sell Or Get Out of the Way!
- Naomi Johnson, Founder of TheProfile.Company, Expert LinkedIn Profile Writer, Author, Speaker
Don’t let her sugar-free vegan credentials fool you, Naomi brings more energy to her approach than most social sellers. Focusing on building amazing LinkedIn profiles that help her clients really sell themselves online.
- Jill Rowley, Keynote Speaker, Social Selling Evangelist, Startup Advisor
Hashtag-obsessed Jill switched careers from management consulting to become a keen social selling evangelist. Jill works with clients to transform their sales force for the digital age we live in.
- Sima Dahl, America’s Personal Branding Champion, Founder of SimaDahl.com and Sway Factory Inc.
After 20 years in corporate marketing, Sima went on to found Sway Factory Inc. to help businesses maximise the opportunities provided by their digital footprint. She is an enthusiastic advocate of using personal branding to achieve sales success.
- Tom Hopkins, Speaker, Sales Expert & Author
Tom has been recognised as an expert in sales training for the last 40 years, training over 5 million students across 5 continents. He is also the author of 18 books, including his first book How to Master the Art of Selling which has sold over 1.7 million copies and been translated into 10 languages.
- Julio Viskovich, VP Marketing at rFactr, Author, Keynote speaker and Social Selling advocate
Social Selling is Julio’s primary focus, helping over 10,000 sales and marketing professionals engage prospects on a human level in order to increase sales. He has also been recognised by Forbes as one of the Top 30 Social Selling Influencers in the World.
- Andy Paul, Founder, Author, Speaker and Sales Acceleration Strategist at Zero-Time Selling
Author of the award-winning book, Zero-Time Selling: 10 Essential Steps to Accelerate Every Company’s Sales, Andy keeps himself busy with speaking engagements and running his sales consultancy company. He has also been recognised as one of the Top 30 Social Sales People In The World by Forbes magazine.
- Deb Calvert
Deb is an award-winning author and contributor to the fantastic blog CONNECT2Lead! and the CONNECT! online radio for selling professionals. Her key focus is on training executives, managers and sales teams in how to build organisation strength by putting people first.
- Mike Weinberg, New Business Development & Sales Management Consultant, Coach, Speaker & Author
Mike is well-known for his no-nonsense approach to improving sales, approaching sales challenges with fresh eyes and stripping problems back to basics. He has just started leading one or two-day workshops, presenting key information from his book New Sales. Simplified.
- Butch Bellah, Sales Expert, Speaker, Sales Trainer, Author
Butch has a strong interest in social causes, sitting on the board of the charity David’s Gift. He is a very popular trainer, with a number of recommendations for his training events on LinkedIn, and he has also authored a number of books on sales and sales management.
- Anneke Seley, Reality Works Group and OracleDirect founder, Inside and Social Sales Evangelist, Author
Three decades ago Anneke built Oracle’s inside sales group, challenging the notion that you could only make a B2B sale with an in-person meeting. These days she is championing soft-sell approaches, social selling in particular.
- Mike Kunkle, Sales Transformation Leader, Sales Trainer, Advisor, Speaker, Writer
Mike helps business leaders transform their sales teams through his expert sales advice and training. Through his training, Mike increased sales per rep by 47% in 9 months for one company and achieved a $398MM accretive revenue increase in 1 year for another.
- Ian Knowlson, Director & Co Founder at Recruitment Training Group, Business Development Expert, Sales Training Coach and Mentor at Selling Success
An expert in businesses development, Ian has over 20 years’ experience mentoring new sales and business development teams to achieve outstanding results. With a particular interest in psychology, Ian can tell you not just what works, but also why.
- John Smibert, B2B Sales Leadership, Strategic Selling and Account Management, Social Leverage for Sales Teams
John has led sales teams to success for over twenty years with a track record of 25 annual Sales Clubs with IT Multinationals selling to large banks, telcos, federal and state government and the manufacturing industry. As well as being a qualified coach and trainer, John moderates the Strategic Selling LinkedIn group and contributes to the Strategic Selling blog.
- Dave Stein, B2B Sales Consultant, Advisor, Big Deal Strategist, Sales Hiring Expert, Speaker, Author, Angel Investor
Dave has an incredibly broad range of experience, from Fortune 10 companies to start-ups. He has been recognised by Forbes as a Top Global Social Seller, publishing many articles on his blog and in well-renowned trade magazines.
- Jim Keenan, CEO at A Sales Guy Inc., Keynote Speaker,
Keenan, as he prefers to be known, is a regular Forbes contributor, helping readers build on their sales and management approaches to achieve the best sales results. Follow him for handy resources, tips and motivational sales tweets.
- Brynne Tillman, CEO at Social Sales Link, LinkedIn Keynote Speaker, Social Selling Trainer and Blogger
Social Sales Link, Brynne’s sales company, specialises in social selling – particularly using LinkedIn to achieve sales – so her Twitter feed is always packed with useful links. She also creates a lot of content around social sales, both on her business blog, webinars and in a workbook (available on Amazon).
- Ian Altman, Forbes contributor, Bestselling Sales Author, Keynote Speaker, Strategic B2B Advisor
Grow My revenue takes a strategic approach to sales, building on Ian’s 25 years’ worth of experience in the technology sector. Through his business and speaking engagements Ian solves client issues around finding and targeting the right customers at the right time.
- Paul McCord, B2B Sales Consultant and Trainer
Paul is another Forbes Top 30 Social Selling thought leader, targeting social selling as a key area for improvement and growth for most companies. He applies his 25+ years of experience in sales to human behaviour, helping businesses connect and sell more.
- Jenny Vance, Entrepreneur & President at LeadJen, Co-founder of Salesvue
Jenny has been named one of the 50 Most Influential People in Sales Lead Management, along with a host of other honours. Her company, LeadJen, has over 100 employees serving hundreds of companies across the US. Follow her for some helpful and amusing updates.
- Nancy Bleeke, Founder and Chief Sales Officer for Training, Consulting, and Customer Relations at Sales Pro Insider
Nancy is an all-round social seller, focusing not just on the communication with prospects, but internally too. Her company, Sales Pro Insider, provides companies with the tools, training, and processes they need to succeed in growing their sales and customer loyalties.
- Gary S. Hart, President at Sales Du Jour
An expert in preventing stalled sales, Gary worked with one manufacturing technology client to generate an 800% increase in sales over 5 years. A primary interest of Gary’s is bringing together sales with strategy, processes and messaging improvement.
- Jamie Shanks, CEO at Sales for Life
Jamie’s business, Sales for Life, is the leading Social Selling company in North America. They supply cutting-edge training programmes helping sales teams exceed their targets, as well as offering roadmaps and social lead generation.
- Alice Heiman, Sales coach, Speaker, LinkedIn Strategist and Trainer
Alice is the entrepreneur’s sales coach, helping her clients increase sales by 30-75%. Along with training on the fundamentals of sales, she also provides coaching on networking and social selling to shift sales up to the next level.
- Sam Richter, CEO and Founder at SBR Worldwide, Best-Selling Author and Top-Rated Keynote Speaker and Trainer to Sales and Business Executives Worldwide
With nearly 30 years of experience in the creative side of sales, Sam has now turned his attention to Sales Intelligence and, in particular, Social Selling. His excellent 2012 book Take the Cold Out of Cold Calling really hits on the very core of social selling – not going in to a sales conversation cold.
- Colita Dainton, Learning & Development Manager at Business CheckMate Training, Coaching & Consulting
Colita doesn’t deal in problems, only solutions. Offering her clients bespoke solutions to their sales challenges and providing the training to get there, her Twitter feed is filled with helpful free resources and industry updates.
- Toby Beresford, Founder and CEO at Rise, Speaker and Social Media Expert
Toby comes at social selling from a slightly different perspective, gamifying score-keeping through his innovative automated program. This interesting perspective means that his Twitter feed is always loads of interesting links.
- Jeff Molander, Social Selling and Digital Sales Trainer
How do you make social media sell? That’s the big question at the heart of everything Jeff tweets and writes about. His Twitter feed is a real goldmine of information to help any social seller see sales success.
- Dorte Møller Madsen, CEO at Stormvind, Keynote Speaker, Author, Digital Strategic Advisor and Social Selling Specialist
Part of Michael de Groot’s Social Selling Mastermind group, Dorte is a leader in social selling in Denmark. She has a particular interest in using LinkedIn profiles to connect with prospects and make sales.
- John Dougan, Director of Sales Advisory at SalesITV
From research and diagnostics through to advice and training, John’s end-to-end approach shows businesses the results they could be getting with social selling. John really has his finger on the pulse of social selling – follow him on Twitter to keep up-to-speed.
These are just some of the active influencers in the field of social selling, if there’s someone you feel we’ve missed, please let us know by adding their twitter handle and why they should be included in the comments below or share with us on Twitter @ArtesianS using the hashtag #socialsellers.
Click here for further information on how Artesian Solutions can help Marketeers.